Thursday, May 10, 2012

There ain’t no doubt about it, I’m addicted to "like"


As facebook obsessive, but a blog newbie, there’s something I’m already missing when blogging, compared to FB.

No <like> button.

There’s something very satisfying when you post something on FB and by the end of the day you have 20+ likes from friends. A little virtual round of applause for saying something witty, or eminently sensible, or sweet.

I tend to give out a lot of <likes> on FB. A huge number.

As a teacher, I guess I equate them to ticks and smiley faces with the red pen, or gold stars, rewarding friends for a posting well done. If you’re one of my FB friends reading this, you’d probably agree. I also <like> stuff occasionally to show that I’m reading someone’s material, that they are not alone and to show them that I care. I do find it wierd though when someone tells me that they’ve been reading my postings, and I have had no idea (because of no comments or whatever). I find it a little unnerving, like someone has been secretly watching or stalking me.

So, to be blunt, I wish blogger had a <like> button. In lieu of that, give me feedback. Submit a comment if you liked something. Quite frankly I don’t really care if you don’t like a post, as I’m writing for my personal pleasure and catharsis as much as anything. But if you likes what you see, tell me, and I’ll try to write more in the same vein.

No comments:

Post a Comment